The U.S. economy is signaling a healthy Spring home-buying season. According to Zillow, “the best two-week window for home sellers is the first half of May: U.S. homes listed in the May 1 to May 15 period generally sell almost two weeks faster than the average listing in the year, and they command a final price $2,400 more, on average than homes listed at other times.” Zillow analyzed the top 24 large markets across the country and found the first half of May was the best time to list in 14 of the 24 markets. In order to gain local, expert opinions, we interviewed top agents across New Jersey.
Here is what they said:
- More buyers look for homes to ensure purchase for following school year. For this reason, there is always a shift to a ‘seller’s market’ every Spring. Busiest closing day of the year every year is June 30, as buyers want to give their kids a chance to adjust and meet new friends over the summer. Properties also show in a better light in the Spring and are easier to have inspected in the Spring instead of the winter: pools, A/C, property drainage, etc.
–Diane Belcuore, RE/MAX Premier, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rates are great & New inventory coming in.
–Triveni Gurikar, RE/MAX Neighborhood Properties, TriveniG@ParsippanyHomes.Com
- Spring into Spring with getting into the Home of your Dreams ..Theres No better time ….Then NOW !
–Kunal Arora, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, email@example.com
- Best time to buy is Spring since Market opens with excellent mortgage rates to buy your Dream home. Avoid bidding war in summer, Be ahead of Game!
–Hezal Patel, Realty Mark Platinum LLC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The mortgage rates are at historic low after the recent spike and the sellers had enough time sprucing their homes with updates/ modifications. And the buyers get to choose the best of lot and settle during the early summer.
-Kash Delory, Realty Mark Central, LLC, email@example.com
- COME AND CONTACT ME TO BUY YOUR FIRST HOME THIS SPRING 2019 AND I’LL SHOW YOU HOW GREAT IS THE MARKET. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PHENOMENAL INTEREST RATES AND MY NEGOTIATIONS SKILLS.
–Marilou Wong, Century 21 Gemini LLC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The interest rates are still low. That will attract more buyer to purchase the home and seller to list their homes.
–Syed Wasti, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, email@example.com
- Spring 2019 is the best time to purchase a home because interest rates are at their best levels in last 6 months and due to mild weather this season a lot of Spring inventory is already out in the market. If you have been on the fence, now is the time to take the plunge and pick your home before they’re all gone!
–Sonia Banota, Better Homes & Gardens RE M3 Realty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring forward into your new home! It’s a lighter, brighter season to ditch our heavy coats and open our windows and go house hunting. Warmer and longer days give buyers more time and motivation to go out house hunting! Flowers are in bloom, the birds are chirping, baseball is back, and Summer is right around the corner.
–Karen Ross, AW Van Winkle & CO, email@example.com
- The Spring market has much more inventory and days are longer, buyers can come out to see homes after work and it is still light outside, homes in the spring always have a better curb appeal.
–Jane Eid, Remax First Realty, firstname.lastname@example.org